Real Madrid -midfielder Jude Bellingham is expected to miss up to 12 weeks that he is recovering from a shoulder operation after the Spanish giant said on Wednesday that he had successfully undergone surgery.
«Our player Jude Bellingham has undergone a successful operation for a recurring dislocation of the left shoulder,» Real Madrid said in a statement.
«Bellingham will now start with a period of rehabilitation prior to his return to repair work.»
Although Madrid has not specified the expected length of his recovery time, the Spanish media have reported that it will take about 12 weeks before he returns to action.
Bellingham struggles with shoulder discomfort after disrupting a La Liga match in November 2023 and since then playing with a brace under his shirt.
The midfielder of England kept the operation until after the participation of Madrid at the World Cup club this summer, with the Xabi Alonso side reaching the semi -final.
Bellingham will miss the La Liga visit to meet rival Atletico Madrid at the end of September, as well as the first two Champions League matches of the club.
The 22-year-old midfielder should be back in action by the time that Madrid Barcelona is organizing in the first Clasico of the season at the end of October.
«I have the point where … I am tired of the brace, and I have to pull it and pull (other) players on it, and it is rearranging all the time,» said Bellingham during Club’s World Cup.
The midfielder will also miss World Cup qualifications with England against Andorra and Serbia on 6 and 9 September respectively.