Barcelona said on Wednesday that it will not play its planned pre-season match in Japan because of «serious contractual infringements on behalf of the promoter.»
Barcelona will not travel on Thursday as planned for a match against Vissel Kobe. The club did not mention the promoter or gave more details about the infringements.
Barcelona said it «will consider adjusting the leg of the summer tour in South Korea, where two games were planned against FC Seoul on 31 July and DAEGU FC on August 4,» if certain conditions are met by the promoter. «
Also read: Barcelona is a club where dreams come out – here is what Rashford said after the loan from Man United moved
Barcelona said that if «these conditions are met, the club will travel to South Korea in the coming days.»
«Barcelona regrets this incident and the impact it will have on the many, many Barça fans in Japan,» the club said.
Barcelona previously announced the signing from England to attacker Marcus Rashford.