Liverpool’s big money investment in transfers is the result of long-term planning, said Club CEO Billy Hogan, adding that winning a record-similar 20th English title of top flight The club was convinced that it was time to worn as a modern powerhouse.
The newest acquisition of Liverpool, the French striker Hugo Eintracht Frankfurt in a deal worth 79 million pounds ($ 106.84 million), including add-ons, has taken the transfer of the club to nearly 300 million pounds. It also spent a club record fee to Germany attacker Florian Wirtz.
Outsoings, six players, including Trent Alexander-Arnold, have generated around 64 million pounds so far.
The expenditure marks a sharp deviation from the traditionally measured approach of Liverpool in the market. Hogan, however, it says that the club has not deviated from the policy of the Club of Financial Sustainability.
Read | Liverpool draws Hugo Ekitike from Frankfurt
«It doesn’t happen alone; it has been in the making for years,» Hogan said Athletics In an interview.
“One of the things we constantly focus on is that ‘virtuous circle’. Trying to run the club in the right way to ensure that we can generate as much income as we can. That of course helps to be able to put more back in the team.
«The difficulty is if you only look at one individual summer. That is probably the data skewed. Last summer there were many reactions that we have not spent enough …»
Hogan explained that the approach reflects the ambitions of American-Led Fenway Sports Group (FSG), who wants to build on the Premier League title of last season under manager Arne Slot.
«We also acknowledge, after we have won the English competition title for the 20th time, that this is one of the largest clubs in the world. We want to make sure we behave like one,» he added.
«Having huge worldwide stars come and play in Anfield, filling in stadiums in Hong Kong and Japan, those are things we expect and want to do.»
Liverpool will face AC Milan in Kowloon, Hong Kong on Saturday, before hiring Yokohama FM on Wednesday in the J League World Challenge in Yokohama. It starts his Premier League title defense at home against Bournemouth on 15 August.