The IOC is not taking action against Infantino because of the role of the Trump Peace Board


The International Olympic Committee (IOC) will not take action against its member Gianni Infantino over a possible violation of political neutrality rules related to FIFA’s alignment with Donald Trump’s Peace Council.

The IOC said on Saturday that the case had been closed, adding that FIFA’s development work in Gaza was «fully consistent with the role of an international sports federation».

Trump hosted the Peace Board event in Washington, DC on Thursday, where Infantino signed an agreement on behalf of FIFA allowing $75 million of his money to be invested in Gaza.

ALSO READ: Narendra Modi Stadium will be surpassed by Trong Dong Stadium as the largest sports arena

When asked about Infantino’s conduct on Friday, IOC President Kirsty Coventry said the body would investigate a possible breach of neutrality. The oath of Olympic members requires that they “always act independently of … political interests.”

Coventry and Infantino are among the 107 current IOC members, a group that includes sports leaders, former Olympic athletes, members of Asian and European royal families, former political leaders and diplomats, as well as business and cultural figures.

The members of the IOC will meet in Milan on Sunday morning and welcome two new athlete members elected during the Winter Games. Attendance is not mandatory, and it was unclear whether Infantino would return after spending several days in the city for IOC meetings ahead of the Feb. 6 opening ceremony.

Published on February 21, 2026



Fuente